- Revenues for the first six months totalled €2.6 million, reflecting the first full contribution of Eupharmed and of Nicox’s recently launched ophthalmic products
- National US launches of diagnostic tests Sjö™ and RetnaGene™
- Launch of European and ROW operations with AdenoPlus® and Xailin™
- Top-line phase 3 results for latanoprostene bunod expected by year-end
- Proposed acquisition of Aciex Therapeutics, Inc., significant step forward in Nicox’s strategy of creating an international ophthalmic company built around therapeutics and diagnostics
Sophia Antipolis, France.
Conference call held on August 28, 2014:
Nicox S.A. (NYSE Euronext Paris: COX), the international ophthalmic company, today announced its financial results for the six months ended June 30, 2014, and provided an update on its activities.
Michele Garufi, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Nicox, said: “We continued to deliver our strategy of building an international ophthalmic company in the first half of the year, with revenues starting to grow as we roll out new products through our commercial infrastructure in the US and Europe and we expect sales to continue their positive momentum in the second half of the year. Our efforts to build a strong therapeutic portfolio alongside our diagnostic franchise will be significantly boosted by the proposed acquisition of Aciex Therapeutics, which will bring a diverse pipeline of ophthalmic therapeutic technologies and product candidates, including AC-170 in phase 3 for allergic conjunctivitis. In particular, we look forward to the top line efficacy phase 3 results for latanoprostene bunod, the most advanced and promising compound in development for treatment of increased IOP and glaucoma, from our partner Bausch + Lomb (Valeant) later this year.”