Sophia Antipolis, France.
Nicox S.A. (NYSE Euronext Paris: COX), the international ophthalmic company, today announced that it has further expanded its branded Xailin™ range of ocular products. This now comprises six products classed as medical devices: five ocular lubricants for dry eye symptoms and one eyewash. Xailin™ is a proprietary brand marketed by Nicox in the main European markets and through Nicox’s distributors in other international markets outside North America. The Xailin™ products are either preservative-free or preservative-free in the eye, thanks to the use of perborate, a ‘disappearing’ preservative which is converted to water and oxygen by ocular enzymes upon contact with the eye surface.
“Nicox is now offering a full range of ocular products under the Xailin brand which are specifically designed to address patients’ needs,” said Philippe Masquida, Executive Vice-President, Managing Director of European & International Operations of Nicox Pharma. “The Xailin range has been developed based on feedback from European ophthalmologists and patients. All the Xailin products are either preservative-free or preservative-free in the eye, and most of them come in a convenient multidose packaging. We are looking forward to continuing to expand our brand with additional Xailin launches in the coming years.
The Xailin™ range today includes the following products:Xailin Wash: sterile unidose eyewash, preservative-free.
- Xailin Night: multidose lubricating eye ointment shield for overnight protection of corneal tissue, preservative-free.
- Xailin Fresh: unidose carmellose eye drops for the relief of dry eye sensations in patients with intermittent or persistent dry eye and ocular surface damage, preservative-free.
- Xailin HA: multidose hyaluronic acid eye drops for alleviating symptoms of moderate to severe dry eye sensations, preservative-free in the eye.
- Xailin Hydrate: multidose hypromellose eye drops for the immediate relief of dry eye sensations, preservative-free in the eye.
- Xailin Gel: multidose carbomer gel for the long lasting relief of dry eye sensations, preservative-free in the eye.
Nicox has established a direct commercial presence in the five major European markets, through the recruitment of specialist sales teams in the UK, Spain and Germany and through the acquisitions of Eupharmed in Italy and Doliage in France. In addition, partnerships have been established with third parties for the distribution of Nicox’s products in a number of international markets outside North America.